Tuesday, August 7, 2007


We've had a few mishaps lately...

~Chuck was chasing the boys around the living room this weekend, when Charlie ran headlong into the piano. Ouch! He's got a big bruise just above his right eyebrow.

~Chance has been getting into everything. He's constantly pulling things out of bathroom drawers, and leaving them all around the house. He's also quick about getting into our office and crawling around the desk, dumping out pens and making a big mess.

~Charlie's been into bubbles lately. One evening he decided to use my expensive face wash to make bubbles (Amy, I'm gonna need to place an order soon!). The next evening he decided to dump the entire body wash and shampoo bottles out into the tub. The boys were so slippery from that bath, I had a hard time even getting them out of the tub!

An update on me and baby #3...Thursday I began hurting, so I went to the doctor Friday and found out it's just the fluid from the cyst draining. I didn't realize that could be so painful! I was swollen, too, and looked about four or five months pregnant! But it's all good news, because the draining is a good thing, and I was able to see the baby's strong heartbeat, which is always reassuring! It amazes me that the baby has grown from the size of a grain of rice to an inch long in 10 days! And to think there will be about 20 more inches gained in the next 7 months! If we grew that fast outside of the womb, it'd be crazy!! So everything is well, I just rested a lot with a heating pad. ;) Chuck's been a big help, letting me get lots of naps. I live for the weekends! And actually, the cyst problem is over now...the swelling is gone, and the pain, which leads me to my next thought...

Today has been a great day. Ideal, really. First, I had a great run with my friends, going four miles (my 10K is in less than 3 weeks! It's 6.2 miles!), then Chuck had the morning off since he has to work late, so we were able to hang out and eat lunch together at Costco (side note, Charlie asked Chuck if Costco was his work...I think he's still a little confused, and thinks Chuck works at Costco and Rackspace). Then I had a successful trip to the grocery store, where the boys behaved well, and Charlie followed me thru the whole store with his own little basket. He was a big help! Then, to top off such a successful and productive day, we came home and took a 2 hour nap. Seriously, I can't imagine a more perfect day with the boys. I need to remember that these days come, when the harder ones are here.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Comment from Melony:

I'm so glad that you are doing alright now! I would have been terrified if I was in any kind of pain that early in the pregnancy!! I am glad that you are good about going to the doctor. :)
Thank God for good days, huh!? I am happy to hear that you and the family were able to get alot done and get some rest too! :) That's a must! :)
BTW, I didn't know that you were still going to do the run while pregnant! YOU GO GIRL!!! I will be praying that the Lord continues to give you strength to do all that you do Momma!!! :) God bless you!!